Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mkoblic@gmail.com is offline

Default Dividing head

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:32:53 -0800 (PST), wolfgang
wrote:

[...]

As others have cautioned above I too would not place a crank handle on
the back end of the lathe spindle. If you really must do this at
least make sure that it is statically balanced!

Or you could just remove it when not needed.

Instead I have a large hand wheel -6" or so- in diameter that I can
fix at the spindle back end for turning very short threads or
whatever.

The diagram posted by DoN above illustrates the use and position of
the spacer bar/rod as discussed earlier.

If I am interpreting this right you can position a 3-jaw chuck in 60
degree intervals using this method. I do not see 90 degrees.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC