Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Garden hoses

On 3/12/2011 1:01 PM, Rocco wrote:
Bought one of these kink free 35' hoses from Sears, I hate it. Darn thing
won't lay flat since I coil on a hose hanger. Wish I would have bought a
3/4" instead of the 5/8", but they didn't have it available in that size.
Hose was claimed as "flexible" on package. It's a royal pain since the
curls from hanging stay put, and you have to wind it back the way you took
it off.

Been looking on the net for a 3/4", 35' garden hose. What type of material
should I be looking for?

Have the usual big box stores around here, along with Tractor Supply. Any
help appreciated.

I have a few of the black rubber ones with cast fittings my mom gave me
when she moved. They are at least 10 years old and they work like new.
I'm not sure what brand they are. Almost any hose will give you
problems if it isn't wound up properly. I use the figure 8 method on an
old fashioned hose hook. Even the other cheap hoses work well when I
hang them in the figure 8 method. I gave up the wind up reels long ago.