Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JTAG/Boundary Scan

Charles wrote:

"Charles" wrote in message ...

Has anyone ever used this method for field troubleshooting?

Hey Dave Platt and D Yuniskis ... thanks!

Seems that the promise of JTAG for field service has fallen by the wayside,
for troubleshooting and repair at least. It is used for firmware upgrades.
Economics rule!

I see that no one bit on your duplicate post on

Most designs don't have enough spare flash for any diagnostics. It
isn't worth the trouble for anything outside a factory where an
automated test fixture can test the entire board without being
reprogrammed. Not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. The
'boundary' stops at the I/O pins where it was intended to. It was a way
to test a complex processor with limited tools, not an entire board.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.