Posted to alt.home.repair
TWayne TWayne is offline

Default Garden hoses

In ,
Rocco typed:
:: Bought one of these kink free 35' hoses from Sears, I hate
:: it. Darn thing won't lay flat since I coil on a hose
:: hanger. Wish I would have bought a 3/4" instead of the
:: 5/8", but they didn't have it available in that size. Hose
:: was claimed as "flexible" on package. It's a royal pain
:: since the curls from hanging stay put, and you have to
:: wind it back the way you took it off.
::
:: Been looking on the net for a 3/4", 35' garden hose. What
:: type of material should I be looking for?
::
:: Have the usual big box stores around here, along with
:: Tractor Supply. Any help appreciated.

IMO rubber is the best. It doesn't like to be run over by cars, but
otherwise it's pretty flexible at normal temperatures and straightens out
nicely. Whenever I need another hose now, I buy rubber, replacing all the
other junk types I have as they die.

HTH,

Twayne`