Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Hi Res Photos of Earthquake Damage in Japan

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 05:23:09 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:13:00 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...-japan/100022/

Nasty! Condolences to the Japanese and others on affected coastal
cities.

I had some questions about what I saw in some of those pics.

Can anyone explain them?

What caused the whirlpool in Oarai?

The surge of water hitting the shelf and underwater terrain. This causes
them a lot.

Why did the road in Satte split exactly on the yellow middle line?

The way most roads are laid up and paved leaves a main seam down the
center.

See my reply to Rich, look at the referenced pic, and tell me if you
still have that answer. :/

--
Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is
absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you