Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Hi Res Photos of Earthquake Damage in Japan

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:29:03 -0800, "Artemus"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:13:00 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...-japan/100022/

Nasty! Condolences to the Japanese and others on affected coastal
cities.

I had some questions about what I saw in some of those pics.

Can anyone explain them?

What caused the whirlpool in Oarai?

Why did the road in Satte split exactly on the yellow middle line?

The paving machine was 1/2 as wide as the road and made a seam
down the middle?

Oh, and the earth under it decided to follow suit. I see. Thanks, Art.
;^) How did the road builders find the fault and follow it exactly?

How were there no planes on the ground in Narita Int'l Airport?

A pilot friend of mine tells me that in an event like that nothing in
the air is allowed to land (unless there is insufficient fuel on board)
and anything on the ground is sent up asap. However this still doesn't
explain how all the planes on the ground at the time escaped damage
(if they all indeed did). He flies cargo out of Miami FL and prior to a
hurricane everything is sent well out of reach of it.

I guess everything with enough fuel to go to another airport was sent
off as soon as the quake and tsunami warnings hit. It looked quite
weird, though, didn't it? Did you see the video taken from the
terminal? It looked very slow moving until it got right next to the
camera and you could see it was moving past at 30+ mph.

--
Whomsoever controls the volume of money in any country is
absolute master of all industry and commerce and when you