Posted to uk.comp.os.linux,uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_4_] Skipweasel[_4_] is offline

Default Chosing a new PC

In article ,
says...
Graphics-wise I've a 19" CRT which I like to cram as much onto as
possible and within the life of the machine I expect to replace it with a
similar-sized or larger LCD. So I want some high-resolution modes. And I
watch and edit videos, but I don't do gaming, so I guess I don't need
fancy 3-D acceleration or whatever.

High resolution shouldn't be a problem - I snaffled a spare 19" TFT the
other day which runs at 1280x1024 and even my 2003 laptop can drive it.