Posted to uk.d-i-y
Triffid Triffid is offline

Default Most reliable combi boiler 2011

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Triffid wrote:
Maybe if you don't have a bath.

Our WB 30CDi has a flow-rate of 13.1 litres per minute at 35 deg.
temperature rise. It only takes a little longer to fill the bath than
our old conventional system did (and you can keep 'topping up' with
hot water all night long if you wish - no need to wait for the tank
to heat up again.

It depends on many variables. There are header tank systems around
with not enough head - but round here the mains flow rate is poorer
than some.

I can't see why you'd want to top up a bath anyway if it's filled
with the temperature you want to start with. But even if you did, any
decent storage system should be able to. With a fast recovery
cylinder your boiler can heat the water nearly as fast as a combi
does.

Basically, no instant water heating system can cope with the possible
*peak* load/flow in the average house. A storage system can.

I accept that there are pros and cons for both systems. And whilst a combi
system may suit one household - it may not suit another.

All I can do is repeat that it is now three years since we switched from a
storage system to a combi - and we have had no problems and no regrets. But
there are only two of us in the house - and only the one bathroom.

--
Triff