Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Dual-gang audio rotary pot with switch?

On 12/03/2011 14:29, Frank Erskine wrote:

Radio Shack was their house brand, IIRC, and still is on the US of A.

Visited one of their shops in the US sometime ago. Seemed a bit low on
peg boards displays, and they were selling a lot of other brands and
generally looking a bit bland. The large catalogue is online, and
electronic bits are to order & expensive ;-(

As is (was?) also Realistic and Archer.

Got quite a nice "Realistic" 3-way tape deck source/monitor switch
discounted when they were shutting up here, fully regret not buying more
as it's a useful bit of kit still in use that I've never seen cheaply
elsewhere.

In me youth, I remember gawking at their catalogs and flyers, at
wonderful 'badge engineered' stuff. Sometimes it wasn't hard to spot the
original manufacturer - I remember Awia made a few of the cassette decks.

Oh, yes - Like most spotty kids of the time, I was a member of the
'battery club'. Free battery once a month :-)

An interesting Train spotter fact ...

The Tandy Subway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/limebye...7623394182793/

--