Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Dual-gang audio rotary pot with switch?

On 12/03/2011 10:45, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

For anybody who's interested - the electronics part of things is this
Velleman kit

http://www.velleman.eu/distributor/p...iew/?id=380100

which provides an easy way to carry 8gb (for me) or up to 32gb of mp3
music built into a small speaker cabinet with a dryfit battery -
giving an operating time of hundreds of hours on one recharge.

Part of my Market kit - so needs to be fairly rugged g

Probably not as rugged (uses a hard drive), and the items for this
project have long since dried up, but I made one of these before the
Apple iPod came out. It still works today and the playback sound quality
is rather good...

http://www.pjrc.com/mp3/

Recently I've started collecting highend 80s ghettoblasters. I feel one
could do with an MP3 heart transplant with the above gubbins.

Another DIY project on the back burner, is a ghettoblaster made of wood,
decent speakers and a car stereo for the electronics, or more probably -
the processing and storage guts of a laptop.

There is a hip hop / martial arts film staring Forest Whitaker, "Ghost
Dog: The Way of the Samurai", that features one of those DIY efforts. It
looks kinda cool.

--
Adrian C