Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Dual-gang audio rotary pot with switch?

On 12/03/2011 10:28, John Williamson wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
On 11/03/2011 09:24, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
Does such a thing exist ?
Just trawled through CPC's listings
(just love the bit about 'Show 'in stock' items ?' -
- no - taunt me with things I _can't_ buy !! g)

....and I can see dual-gang pots without switches, and single-gang
pots with switches - but not 2-g with switch.

Just a thought, older car stereos are another source of these.

If, as the OP has said elsewhere, push buttons could be used to control
the amplifier, RS sell a couple of rotary encoders with a "push the
stalk to make" momentary switch.

It was an 'either / or'.....

Plan A was replace the push-button-operate volume controls with a
'traditional' stereo pot, incorporating a switch for the battery power
to the module. Switch in this case would need to be double-throw - not
momentary

Plan B (looking more attractive) is two toggles - one spdt for power and
the other a single dpdt-centre-off which will replace the 'vol up' and
'vol down' buttons.

For anybody who's interested - the electronics part of things is this
Velleman kit

http://www.velleman.eu/distributor/p...iew/?id=380100

which provides an easy way to carry 8gb (for me) or up to 32gb of mp3
music built into a small speaker cabinet with a dryfit battery -
giving an operating time of hundreds of hours on one recharge.

Part of my Market kit - so needs to be fairly rugged g

Thanks for all the suggestions
Adrian