Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dual-gang audio rotary pot with switch?

D.M.Chapman wrote:
In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
Terry Casey wrote:

I thought you were talking about potentiometers - not wafer switches!

I was.

Though I remember, possibly wrongly, both being available.

Yeah, same here. Although mention of tandy got me wondering. I did use the
little tandy store on the corner of bank street in Ashford - so it's possible
I got something from there (they sold RS stuff IIRC?)

Radio Shack was their house brand, IIRC, and still is on the US of A.
Tandy was the UK shop branding.

Used to be a little cave of electronic goodness when I was a kid - with a
couple of keen guys behind the counter who were always willing to help
and spend time with kids who wanted random electronics components.

Same with the one in Stafford.

They went broke shortly before Maplin atarted to grow from their
original Southend area store and mail order operation. It was about the
time that Japanese stuff started to get so cheap that it was more
exepensive to build your own. Cue collapse of mass market for components.

I suspect even now that Maplin only sell components because the other
stuff subsidises them and the original enthusiasts are still in charge
at head office.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.