Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting fittings off copper pipe for scrap?

Rich Grise wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Rich Grise fired this volley in

Why doesn't he find a propane torch and just unsolder them? (I'd be
afraid to try OA on soldered copper.)

Because "clean" also means "no solder".

"Clean" means copper. No solder. No brass. No steel. No CPVC --
Copper.

I'm wondering why this is hard to comprehend. He stated it clearly in
the OP.

Well, for me, it was because I didn't realize they had to be solder-free;
I ass-u-me-d that it was about just hacking off the fittings.

Just had another thought - wouldn't they have more value if they were sold
as tube/pipe than bulk scrap?

Thanks,
Rich