Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Upside-down drill press

On 2011-03-11, Tom Gardner w@w wrote:

"Ignoramus15362" wrote in message

[ ... ]

And, come to think of it, I only took apart horizontal mount motors.

[ ... ]

I think it will be important for me to take the motors apart and inspect. I don't
think of these things so I ask!

Perhaps -- but don't take apart stepper motors or permanent
magnet motors. You can significantly degauss the permanent magnets by
doing that -- same as for magnetic chucks.

Why not just push and pull on the motor shaft to see how well it
handles the gravity loads?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564