Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Marshall JCM 2000, 1998

"N_Cook" wrote in message
seconf attempt

Gareth Magennis wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Blown primary of the mains Tx, isolated removed from chassis, draws

1.2
amp
at 20V variac "mains" and temp climbs 20 deg C in 4 minutes or so.
Secondaries measure l27V, 16.3V and 2V so that side presumably ok.
DC of primaries measure 1.2R and 2.2R, would they use 2 bifilar

primary
windings where stressed midpoint would show half way short and half
measured
ohms?. I will poke around in the winding/ try delaminating out of
curiosity
but
stock fault/ batch fault ? Other than "marinating" in paint stripper

,
any
tips on delaminating ?
Are replacements available from Marshall ? or a grey market source
UK

?
or
anyone use 2 or 3 separate Tx ? Googling Tx model
Dagnall, TXMA 00061, D2105
only shows up suspiciously low priced dollar quotes

We get parts direct from Marshall. Used to be a Marshall dealer, but
we
are
not any more, and they still supply us with parts ok, so it must not
be

requirement. It may be that you have to be a 'legitimate' business
though,
and not just 'Joe Punter'.

Arfa

Any ball-park idea of cost for a Marshall replacement ?

Ball park between £20 and £30 inc P&P and VAT.

Did you leave out some zeros? 200 to 300 GBP
eg
http://www.sowter.co.uk/acatalog/SOW...C_AMPS_15.html

I wouldn't have thought so. I would have said that Gareth's estimate was
probably not far short of the mark, based on transformers that we've ordered
from them in the past. I've always found them pretty reasonable. Just give
them a call and ask. They're a friendly enough 'family' company. Jim
Marshall's daughter did run spares. As far as I know, she still does.

Arfa