Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default Dual-gang audio rotary pot with switch?

In message on Fri, 11 Mar 2011
09:24:49 +0000
Adrian Brentnall wrote:

HI Folks
Does such a thing exist ?
Just trawled through CPC's listings
(just love the bit about 'Show 'in stock' items ?' -
- no - taunt me with things I _can't_ buy !! g)

....and I can see dual-gang pots without switches, and single-gang
pots with switches - but not 2-g with switch.

If such a creature existed then it'd make tidying up this particular
project a lot simpler.....

I'm sure they do but you may need to hunt. As you haven't told us the value[1]
that you want, it would be pointless anybody looking for you.

If you can find decent pictures of the CPC ones - or you recognise the method
of construction - you may be able to swap the rear of a single gang pot with
the rear of the double gang, thus moving the switch from one to the other.

It used to be quite possible to mix'n'match pots in this way - including dual
(unganged) pots with different front and rear values - if the original wan't
available. The fixing lugs were easy to prise off and re-use on standard types
by AB (also branded RS).

[1] Value and law: Linear, Log, Anti-log ...

--

Terry