Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Continued...

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 8:34 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

* Sheets and the like are poor drop cloths - the paint soaks through. Best
is canvas with plastic backing. The canvas absorbs the paint and the
plastic
backing prevents soak through. Giant plastic sheeting is also good.

Isn't that a little slippery on non-carpeted floors?

I've been using red rosin paper taped down to my hardwood floors
with painter's tape.

Cindy Hamilton

If you are gonna cover the entire floor , which I do , old fashion tar paper
over lapped and taped together with duct tape works best..It in effect seals
the floor from mishaps with no trip hazards...I use it for drywall and
painting...I hate drop cloths and use plastic to cover furniture ,
ect...When you have to pay for mistakes to other peoples floors and
furniture you cover it GOOD...LOL...