Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Ah, okay. You fear PEOPLE with guns. The fix for that is to get plenty of
guns for yourself. Then you need not fear anyone.

You're putting words in my mouth. What I object to is truly screwed up ideas
like the one above. There's always somone bigger and stronger than you, more
well prepared or a bigger fish so to speak. Thought you were intelligent,
but if you truly believe what you've said above, then you're something else
entirely.

Just last week, the Illinois AG ordered the list of registered gun owners
in the state to be released to the media. Some fear that release could
make gun owners a specific target for burglars. Obvously, if the state
doesn't HAVE such a list, it can't make it public.

And your proposed "get plenty of guns for yourself" is going to dissuade
anyone from attacking you? The only reason to have more guns for yourself is
if a potential enemy KNOWS you are so protected. In which case, you're
already a target. And if you're already a target, then you will come to the
attention of someone more determined and more powerful than you're able to
make yourself. Quite the messed up world you propose.

At this point, I can only guess that you're pulling my chain. Bye.