Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default What's the point with the little paint rollers

wrote:

I've read advice to lay the sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface of
the paint. I've never tried that, and just closing the lid very
tightly (a few smacks with a mallet) works fine for me. If I'm going
to store paint for quite a while, I place the can into a plastic bag
so that it is less apt to rust. I've had food cans rust through on
the shelf and don't want that to happen with paint.

Right!

Rusty cans containing stewed parsnips can only give you botulism, whereas
rust in a can of paint can screw up a whole Saturday.