Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

Upscale wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
The thing is that anything you do with a gun, to a person such as
Upscale, is some kind of symbolic killing. Even using it for a
paperweight would be symbolic killing of papers to such people.

Really feeble troll. Is that the best you can do? The only thing
symbolic would be if you tripped and accidentally shot yourself in
the foot during your rush to post one of your assinine comments.

Sorry, but we'll never agree. With regard to self-protection, the fervent
advocates are of two camps: Those who alarmed by the possibility of
criminals more than guns and those who fear guns more than criminals.

The fear of guns per se is irrational - like fear of heights or spiders -
but it exists and cannot be dismissed. I'm not even sure it can be treated.

They have to live with that fear, and I have no problem with their burden.
But for them to agitate against MY endeavors to allay their consternation is
equivalent to them wanting to prohibit tall buildings or exterminate all the
spiders in the country.

They own the problem and it's up to them to deal with it on their own terms.
It is unconsciousable for them to impose a solution on the rest of us just
so they can sleep easier at night.