Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Ping Iggy. Advice needed. [Long]

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
Motors :

Glentek GM 4040 motors brush dc with 7v/1000 tach and 2500 pulse encoder

I also have some fanuc motors size H002 with encoder but no tach

------
So far as amplifiers that I have on hand :

AMC 30A20

Glentek 4568

Servo Dynamics 1525

Fanuc A20B6045

All of these REALLY like to have a tach feedback but as far as I can tell
the the only one that ABSOLUTELY NEEDS it is the fanuc.

Those glentech motors and AMC amps were made for each other. Work very
well with EMC.

Well I guess then what I need is to figure how to source +/- 10 vdc for 2
axes through the parallel port and still have enough pins left over for the
encoders and some limits.

Yes, the AMC like to see a tach, and I can certainly give it to them if I
use those glenteks...

I just burned the .ISO image yesterday and looked into it only breifly at
this point_ think it was some example pages is all.