Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Ping Iggy. Advice needed. [Long]

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message

Servos?

Yes

Then why exactly do you need gecko drives?

Seems all Gecko drives accept is stepper input, which is the basic
output
from EMC....however, Gecko also has drives which will drive a brush dc
servo.

Allows you to also toss the existing drives by eliminating the need for
additional DA converters or motion cards.

Actually EMC natively supports servo motors and analog amplifiers.

Cant find that at the moment then I guess..

lemme go downstairs get some numbers then

BRB

Motors :

Glentek GM 4040 motors brush dc with 7v/1000 tach and 2500 pulse encoder

I also have some fanuc motors size H002 with encoder but no tach

------
So far as amplifiers that I have on hand :

AMC 30A20

Glentek 4568

Servo Dynamics 1525

Fanuc A20B6045

All of these REALLY like to have a tach feedback but as far as I can tell
the the only one that ABSOLUTELY NEEDS it is the fanuc.

--

All of these like to have analog +/-10