Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default the REAL problem with my Dustbuster...

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 03:58:33 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

Very last resort is to just slop some epoxy on the flat wire and
battery terminal, and hope that it holds.

Unless it's silver-filled epoxy, no way.

I don't mean slopping the epoxy in between the battery terminal and
the flat wire. I mean push the two wires together, and slop some
epoxy on top in order to just hold them together. The Dustbuster
doesn't draw all that much current so I suspect a simple mechanical
connection will work. Kinda like the contacts for D cell batteries in
kids toys, flashlights, games, etc, where a welded contact isn't
necessary. If you're not sure if it will work, and don't want to deal
with permanent epoxy, use Duct Tape to hold the flat wire in place.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D