Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Continued...

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Mar 9, 8:34 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

* Sheets and the like are poor drop cloths - the paint soaks
through. Best is canvas with plastic backing. The canvas absorbs the
paint and the plastic backing prevents soak through. Giant plastic
sheeting is also good.

Isn't that a little slippery on non-carpeted floors?

I've been using red rosin paper taped down to my hardwood floors
with painter's tape.

Yeah, that too. The point was that bed sheets and the like give a false
sense of security.

(Small gloat: Not long ago, I bought two 4x12' plastic-backed canvas drop
cloths at a church garage sale for $0.75 each.)