Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary A. Gorgen Gary A. Gorgen is offline

Default 50 HZ motor ?

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Gary - What is the motor model #?

5KH39KG427T

The plate says 50Hz, not 50/60 Hz.

I didn't have much luck finding anything, probably asking wrong.
There is G21DX, on the plate. Also part of the Gast part no.

Many are rated for 50/60hz use on the web site / via technical support
brochures but do not say so on the label fixed to the motor.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

"Gary A. Gorgen" wrote in message
I have a new Gast rotary vane vacuum pump.
Model no. 0522-V103-G21DX
The motor is a GE 1/4 hp, 220v, 50HZ, 1425 rpm.

I pulled the cover, for the power cord, only 2 lugs, so no
voltage options.
The other Gast pumps I have are 1725 rpm.

20% over speed, would give 1710 rpm.
The question is, can this pump be run at 240v 60Hz, without
the magic smoke leaking out.

I'm going to sell it, so I don't want to blow it up.

--
Gary A. Gorgen | "From ideas to PRODUCTS"