Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default My homo needs repair

On 3/8/2011 7:50 PM, Don Klipstein wrote:
, Stormin Mormon wrote:

snip

What was said there back when it was said in Greek were "malakoi"
and "arsenokoitai".

"Malakoi" were a very specific small group, femininely dressed young,
often teenage, male prostitutes. The more literal translation of
"malakoi" is "the soft ones".

Although Stormin has moved on, for lack of being able to argue facts, I
am fascinated.

A little more reading has shown that there were many words of that time
period that referred to homosexuals in general, and they were *not*
Malakoi and Arsenokoitai. Those referred to specific behaviors.

http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.or...o_fairies.html

There are hundreds of Greek writings from this period that refer to
homosexual activity using terms other than arsenokoitai. (See note 8.)
If Paul had intended to refer generally to homosexual sex, or to one of
the partners in gay-male sex, he had other commonly-used, well-known
words at his disposal. He wouldn’t have had to resort to this ambiguous
compound word, which future generations would find difficult to
translate. Apparently Paul was trying to refer to some more obscure type
of behavior.

So, to bring the ancient to modern relevance, I am able to take this
away from it. On my next sex vacation to Thailand, don't get taken in by
the Malikoi, or as they would be called now "LadyBoys".

Jeff