Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default the REAL problem with my Dustbuster...

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

The actual problem was not an intermittent switch. It was the last thing I'd
have expected -- one of the welds on the battery pack had come loose!

Without turning this into a megillah... Any suggestions on repairing it
without damaging the cell? I don't have welding equipment. I do have an
EDSYN pencil iron, and a 100W RadioShack gun.

Please don't turn a straightforward question into a tsimmes. (But you will.)

The Edsyn will work. Didn't we just have a thread on soldering to
batteries? Maybe that was on a.h.r. Clean surfaces. Scuff with
sandpaper. Use liquid flux. Crank Edsyn up to 800F. Tin wire. Tin
battery. Use more flux and reflow wire to battery.