Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default the REAL problem with my Dustbuster...

The actual problem was not an intermittent switch. It was the last thing I'd
have expected -- one of the welds on the battery pack had come loose!

Without turning this into a megillah... Any suggestions on repairing it
without damaging the cell? I don't have welding equipment. I do have an
EDSYN pencil iron, and a 100W RadioShack gun.

Please don't turn a straightforward question into a tsimmes. (But you will.)

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land