Posted to rec.woodworking
Digger[_3_] Digger[_3_] is offline

Default Powdered Pumice, rottenstone & Plumber's Rouge?

What are folks using for polishing compounds these days ...not looking
for hard to find select brands, just something I can purchase locally in
small quantities. Ideally, Would greatly appreciate recommendations for
equivalent substitutes of all three above.

My local True Value Hardware stocks them as does the Ace Hardware about 10
miles away.... Me thinks someone at the stores isn't looking hard enough for
you. ;~)

Could be you are right John, but neither one here, in North Central FL,
claims any knowledge nor is willing to order. Local paint dealer is
Sherwin Williams and has never heard of pumice, nor painter's pyramids,
nor paraffin, nor much of anything else useful. Nearest home centers are
40 miles away and neither stocks any of the above. Oh, but they do at
least know of painter's pyramids.g

--
Digger
Bob O'Dell