Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default How would you bend polycarbinate (lexan)

Ignoramus25935 wrote:

I need to bend some 4 foot long (almost), 1/4" thick Lexan sheets. It
does not have to be super pretty, just good enough. How can I do that?

Do you have a heat gun? Make a fixture in the shape of your bend, and
blow the heat gun at the lexan on the part that needs to do the bending,
and let it droop as it softens, to conform to your mold/fixture.

A hair dryer isn't hot enough - you need one of those heat guns that
says "CAUTION!!!!! DO NOT USE ON HAIR!!!!!" ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich