Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default How would you bend polycarbinate (lexan)

Ignoramus25935 wrote in
:

On 2011-03-09, chaniarts wrote:
Ignoramus25935 wrote:
I need to bend some 4 foot long (almost), 1/4" thick Lexan sheets. It
does not have to be super pretty, just good enough. How can I do

that?

heat. ideally a strip heater. you can do this with a torch if you're
careful. bend it over something.

What about this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Craftics-48-Pl.../dp/B003GUESEU

Perfect. Ideally, you want to mount it to something rigid with
fiberglass mat insulation under it, and then rig up a couple of support
strips on either side to hold the sheet just off the heater. Try a
couple of test pieces first, but once you have the timing figured out,
heat it up & it will bend in a nice straight line.

Doug White