Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Relatively new PC stuff

Gee I was thinking that the PC line isn't what it once was.
It used to represent top quality tools.
Now I view it as getting to the consumer end.
I think if you look at the Dewalt mid size router comparison to pc as
the gauge of what will come. I think they have made a few too many
compromises to the line.

On 3/8/2011 8:42 AM, Leon wrote:
Is it me or has Porter Cable shifted in to the mode of offering tools that
are exceedingly large?

Their relatively new DT jig is enormous, requires about 4' of work bench to
set up and use and is pretty darn deep and tall. Is this what woodworkers
want?

Also relatively new is their new Pocket Hole jig. Now that seems to be a
tool developed to make drilling a simple pocket hole into a complicated
affair. Was the Kreg jig design simply not complicated enough? Does a
pocket hole jig need to weigh 8 pounds to work well?
Will we one day in the near future see a picture of the jig at a link,
posted by Rob H, titled "What Is It, Set xxx"?