Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Christen Alex Christen Alex is offline

Default Adding RGB input to Sony Trinitron

boardjunkie1 wrote:
I picked up a flat face Trinitron yesterday for peanuts. I plan to use
this as an arcade game monitor (in a MAME setup) and need RGB and
seperate sync inputs.

From the schem, I see the "jungle" chip has RGB outputs, so I assume I
can insert the color gun signals here. What signal level is it wanting
to see here? .7v? Also, I need to keep the OSD for setup and
adjustments, so will this be the best option?

The schem is he
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...%20parte1.html

I can see a good place to tap in H sync (after the seperator), but I
don't see any reference to V sync. I see the output IC, but its a PITA
to trace it back.

Suggestions?

I would not recommend doing such a thing. Without a proper NTSC signal,
your flyback and horizontal output transformer will be fried.