Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Relatively new PC stuff

On Mar 8, 8:42*am, "Leon" wrote:
Is it me or has Porter Cable shifted in to the mode of offering tools that
are exceedingly large?

Their relatively new DT jig is enormous, requires about 4' of work bench to
set up and use and is pretty darn deep and tall. *Is this what woodworkers
want?

Also relatively new is their new Pocket Hole jig. *Now that seems to be a
tool developed to make drilling a simple pocket hole into a complicated
affair. *Was the Kreg jig design simply not complicated enough? *Does a
pocket hole jig need to weigh 8 pounds to work well?
Will we one day in the near future see a picture of the jig at a link,
posted by Rob H, titled "What Is It, Set xxx"?

The PC 550 was such a beast. An awful and dangerous design. Now we use
a Kreg electric Foreman. (Electric, as opposed to the air-powered one
which needs a lot more air than most job-sites have on hand.)