Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default My homo needs repair

On 3/8/2011 1:19 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 22:12:09 -0500, Jeff
wrote:

On 3/7/2011 6:54 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
So, you're pushing harder, to make the same point?

So are you.

Isn't it obvious that you've offended a number of us here. Isn't that
enough to dispel this notion you have that you are understanding and
tolerant. I'm offended and I don't even belong to one of the groups you
hate. How do you think others feel?

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. The issue with
religious nutjobs like Stormin Moron is they shove their particular
version of their religion down your throat.

Sure, I guess if you read enough into it the bible says some bad
things about homosexuality. But like the article I quoted, it also
said you can sell your first born into slavery.

Every translation I've seen of the Commandments says it is only bad to
steel your neighbors slaves. That must have been great comfort in the
Antebellum South.

So I guess you can
pick and choose what part of the bible you agree with? Or can you
choose to only agree with what you like?

This turn the other cheek bit always gets short shrift. Ditto with the
bits on tolerance.

A family friend is a lesbian. Her and her partner are Mormons. Last I
checked, they still go to church. And I'm pretty confident they
haven't been stoned there.So thankfully this bigot is in the minority.

What has always irritated me most about some Christians is how they
wash away their sins with Jesus. Many Christians say and do offensive
things and not feel bad about it because the Lord has their back. Sure
doesn't stop them or even slow them down.

Usually bigotry washes away with life experience. Lester Maddox and
George Wallace are no exceptions. Not sure why that hasn't happened with
Stormin.

Here is a concept for Stormin: It's more important what you do and
say then what you believe.

Jeff