Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- Obamacare and Cancer Coverage

On Mar 8, 4:29*am, Don Foreman wrote:

You stated an unsupportable opinion, not a fact. Redemption of
previous contributions plus accrued interest is not accountable as
cost until contract-defined *redemption exceeds present value of
investment. *The government decided to be in the medical insurance biz
(Medicare) back in 1965 under LBJ, a democrat, same guy that committed
significant numbers of troops to 'Nam starting about summer of 1965. *

We citizens did not have a choice about enrolling or not but we
trusted the gummint. * * We dutifully sent in our contributions out of
every paycheck for most of our adult lives. We trusted that the
gummint would keep its promises.

As regards Medicare, the gummint has kept its promises thus far.
Responsibility toward veterans not so much.

You choose to depict lifelong significant contributors as a "cost to
society" when we reach a time to redeem the promises made by social
contract devised and imposed by government. * Medicare was first
proposed by Harry Truman, a democrat, and came into existance in 1965
under LBJ, a democrat. Now, after decades of our compliance to
significant regular payroll deductions and contributions, you as a
mindless zeolot cheerleader for Obama label my redemptions per the
social contract made decades ago as a "cost to society".

No honor among thieves. *

This something I learned from TMT. Quote a long post and then add
about three words.

Good Post, Don.

Dan