Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default OT- Obamacare and Cancer Coverage

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:58:02 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Mar 7, 12:27*am, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:58:08 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

Don refused to discuss the cost that Mary's ongoing care is costing
both him and society.

That's right.

That is his choice and I have respected it...and I do still wish Mary
the best.

But you continue to bandy our names about and snidely label her care
as "a cost to society" ignoring the fact that we paid into society
(FICA, Medicare, etc) via regular significant payroll deductions for
45 years. *

Ever hear of freedom of speech Don?

I showed up to serve my country and defend the constitution. Did you?

The last time I checked we both have that right.

We do indeed, even snidely, ignorantly and with attempt to distort.
You are free to monitor or post here Don...

Thank you so much!

I started this separate
discussion to talk about cancer costs under Obamacare as an eduational
and hopefully helpful effort for both you, Mary and others...many of
who have or will walk the same tough road. I made this a separate
discussion so not to intrude in your other ongoing discussion...out of
respect for Mary and you.

Then I'll ask you to make your political speeches stand alone without
reference to Mary or me.

And yes Don...anyone who is drawing from Medicare represents a "cost
to society"..whether or not they contributed to the fund...and I did
not post it as a insult to either you or Mary...I was simply stating a
fact.

You stated an unsupportable opinion, not a fact. Redemption of
previous contributions plus accrued interest is not accountable as
cost until contract-defined redemption exceeds present value of
investment. The government decided to be in the medical insurance biz
(Medicare) back in 1965 under LBJ, a democrat, same guy that committed
significant numbers of troops to 'Nam starting about summer of 1965.

We citizens did not have a choice about enrolling or not but we
trusted the gummint. We dutifully sent in our contributions out of
every paycheck for most of our adult lives. We trusted that the
gummint would keep its promises.

As regards Medicare, the gummint has kept its promises thus far.
Responsibility toward veterans not so much.

You choose to depict lifelong significant contributors as a "cost to
society" when we reach a time to redeem the promises made by social
contract devised and imposed by government. Medicare was first
proposed by Harry Truman, a democrat, and came into existance in 1965
under LBJ, a democrat. Now, after decades of our compliance to
significant regular payroll deductions and contributions, you as a
mindless zeolot cheerleader for Obama label my redemptions per the
social contract made decades ago as a "cost to society".

No honor among thieves.