Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Housecleaning for men - Air compressor!

Steve B wrote:
(I just did some dry-walling and had dust everywhere and the
compressor in the living room... which gave me the idea.)

I have used either compressed air or an electric blower many times in
my house after renovations. I have a large family room with a
stamped concrete floor. It's time to move everything out, blow it
out, blow it out again, mop very wetly, wet vac, mop very wetly, wet
vac, mop last time with clear water, let air dry for two days, blow
it out again, apply final sealer coat. Good for 3-5 years. About 275
sf.
Those silk plants, and complex fake plastic things clean very well
with compressed air, also. Lots of things. Just have vent fans
going, or you are only moving it around.

I have an outside air hose by the back steps. A quick "scan" with the blaster
nozzle gets all the crud out of the tread of my shoes before I go inside after
gardening. I probably use more air on that than anything else. The 10 foot
copper pipe, adjustable end nozzle gutter cleaner runs a close second.