Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:49:04 -0700, "chaniarts"
wrote:

mm wrote:
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?

This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner
that has clogged when almost full.

I'm not crazy about the smell and I don't always use it to clean the
bathtub.

But it does work, without scratching my enamel tub. Is there another
good cleaner that works easily that woun't clog like this does.

Or is there a good way to unclog this. I'm pretty sure I tried hard
with the last can, but I'm willing to try again, especially if you
have a suggestion. It will dribble a little out of the tube, with
the nozzle removed, but so far it doesnt' shoot like I'd expect. I
can soak the nozzle and I save old good nozzles in the basement.

for what problem?

i just tried someting called ka-boom i got at home depot. no phosphorous was
on the lable, so no phosphoric acid, but it sure did work well on both soap
scum and hard water deposits. spray on, let it sit for a couple of minutes,
and scrub lightly with a brush.

I have Ka-boom for toilets I was disappointed that there wasn't more
of an eruption. I'll try the prudct for toilets.

And I may write SCJohnson, which I just read owns scrubbing bubbles,
and was the one who changed its name from "bathroom cleaner" to
"scrubbing bubbles".

Thanks all, for th esuggestions.