Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Housecleaning for men - Air compressor!

"Bill" wrote in message
Men dust no more! Don't vacuum, rather use the air compressor with the air
blow tool...

Open a door and then a window. Then stick a box fan so it blows air out
the window. Then use the compressor / air blow tool to blow all the dust
off everything, then most of the dust goes out the window!

This works great for around a stereo / TV where it gets all that dust back
behind the components. Also cleans off the remote controls and things like
a phone.

(I just did some dry-walling and had dust everywhere and the compressor in
the living room... which gave me the idea.)

I have used either compressed air or an electric blower many times in my
house after renovations. I have a large family room with a stamped concrete
floor. It's time to move everything out, blow it out, blow it out again,
mop very wetly, wet vac, mop very wetly, wet vac, mop last time with clear
water, let air dry for two days, blow it out again, apply final sealer coat.
Good for 3-5 years. About 275 sf.

Those silk plants, and complex fake plastic things clean very well with
compressed air, also. Lots of things. Just have vent fans going, or you
are only moving it around.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.