Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "waffle" pavers?

aemeijers wrote:

Urban legend or not, I have read it enough different places to think it
has a kernal of truth in it. I lived in a big-10 college town for about
5 years, and still visit once in a while. Yes, kids are like cows- they
will walk the route they damn well please, unless a tall fence is in the
way. And growing up in construction, I know that if the customer can
live with it, it is best to wait till the following spring after final
grading, to pour thin slabs like sidewalks. Lets the ground settle down
after being disturbed.

The "urban legend" phrase reminded me of Snopes. Some commentary:
http://tinyurl.com/4okqopp