Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Housecleaning for men - Air compressor!

On 3/7/2011 2:32 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/7/2011 1:56 PM, Bill wrote:
Men dust no more! Don't vacuum, rather use the air compressor with the
air blow tool...

Open a door and then a window. Then stick a box fan so it blows air out
the window. Then use the compressor / air blow tool to blow all the dust
off everything, then most of the dust goes out the window!

This works great for around a stereo / TV where it gets all that dust
back behind the components. Also cleans off the remote controls and
things like a phone.

(I just did some dry-walling and had dust everywhere and the compressor
in the living room... which gave me the idea.)

Electric leaf blower works better. I use it in my car. Don't use gas
powered one in the house. Dittos for your compressor and use oil-less.

I routinely use leaf blower to blow the dust bunnies out of old
computers I am resurrecting. Pop the lid, set them down in driveway, and
have at it.

Don't try a leaf blower in the basement however. (Cough, cough...) DAMHIKT.

--
aem sends...