Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default My homo needs repair

In , Stormin wrote, edit-4-space:

(Top-posted response to "is that what they teach in the Bible?")

Yep. Sodom, destroyed.

I thought Ezekiel said what for - basically the "7 deadly sins".

Furthermore, it always appeared to me that the Genesis story involving
Sodom had its main point that God would not destroy a city if merely 50,
30, or 5 righteous persons resided there.

In that story, in "my words", Lot was in conversation with God, and
unnecessarily fearful of doing that, as "just" as God is. Lot asked God
if God would destroy the sinful city if 50 or 30 or whatever few righteous
men resided there.

God said, "in my words", "I won't destroy the city if 5 good men were
there. But there ain't - at sunrise tomorrow, you better be someplace
else!"

For that matter, God is supposed to be constant and unchanging. Does
that not mean that God always used parables, as opposed to only doing so
while spending a few decades on Earth in a human body?

Furthermore, in that direction, should not an all-wise all-knowing God
have known that the flood that Noah's ark floated on would be unsuccessful
at ridding Earth of sinners? And a "just God" that promised to never
repeat that unsuccessful experiment would have not done it even once with
knowledge that it would fail? Yes, I believe that parables exist in the
Old Testament.

--
- Don Klipstein )

--
Christopher A. Young

"Evan Platt" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:31:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

It don't rhyme, but it's about time.
Death to SNIP

Wow, is that what they teach in the Bible?