Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Made first money off of the CNC milling machine

On 2011-03-07, wrote:
The local IRS agent reads this news group and has made notes to look
at your next year's tax return to see how you report this money!

Naturally, I report all my income.

We could solve all our taxation problems by replacing the income tax
with an outgo tax. Don't tax what people _earn_ (or steal, etc.), tax
them when they _SPEND_ it!

Buy a $10,000,000.00 mansion, pay $1,000,000.00 purchase tax.
Buy a $100,000.00 diamond necklace for the princess's coming out present,
pay $10,000.00 purchase tax.

What about the grocery store that makes a 1% margin on sales? Or the
grocery wholesaler that makes a 2% margin on sales to the grocery?
Or the farm that makes a 5% margin on the food they grow?
Now, food prices will be inflated by 50% or more by government taxes.
(I'm sure it will really end up double or higher, I just can't think of
all the other middlemen right now.)

Jon