Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default OT White Pages

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 08:55:18 -0500, George
wrote:

On 3/5/2011 9:16 AM, Bill Gill wrote:
On 3/4/2011 7:36 PM, mm wrote:
OT

The phone books have been getting smaller. With the yellow pages, I
figure most places are still in business but they have moved their
advertising elsewhere.

But with the white pages, I'm not so sure. The new book is 1/3
smaller than the book 1 or 2 years ago. If they've just made their
numbers unpublished, I want to keep the book so I will still have
their numbers. But if they've abandoned their wired phones for cell
phones, there is no point to keeping the book.

Why is the White Pages 1/3 shorter than it was? How much is
unpublished and how much is just gone?

Thank you.

You have white pages? Here in Tulsa AT&T dropped the white
pages completely. Now all we have is the colored pages. I
would say yellow pages, but we also have blue pages. Anyway
AT&T says most people are using the internet phone books, so
they aren't printing them any more.

Bill

I think we have been through every permutation here. First there were
the books printed in "microtype" by someone cluelessly cutting corners.
Then there were the plastic bags with three individual books. Then the
incumbent carrier only delivered non white pages books and then quit.
Last month three huge books were delivered. One from the incumbent
carrier who we have no relationship with and two others from companies I
never heard of.

I wish they would stop. I don't want or use phone books.

They will stop the yellow pages when they can no longer profitably
sell advertising in them.