Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Beginning programming question

Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
m...

(...)

But yeah...

Computer power to the people!

Well, I took about the same route -- Generic CADD, CADKey, (then DesignCAD,
a couple of other architectural CAD programs, and Ashlar Vellum, which was
my client), and then Rhino 3D. Rhino 3D is more than a modeller now,
although I don't know if I'd use it to produce files for CAM. Some people do
but I haven't kept up with the professional uses of it.

I use Rhino3D to produce .DXFs that I export to another package to
create Gcode for my mill. This week, I made a motor adapter
plate to help my friend resurrect his old drill press.
Half inch CRS, 8 holes drilled for 3/8-16. It Worked A Treat.

I dabbled a little with MadCAM which is a 3D CAM plugin for
Rhino. Perhaps it is much better now.

Anyway, yeah, computer power to the people. I could use some more computer
power myself, come to think of it...

Couldn't we all.

--Winston