Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Pay of PBS, NPR, and CPS executives

wrote in message
On Mar 5, 6:28 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Is your pedant mode on, Dan? g You know the figures, right? The total
Sesame Workshop contribution from CPB is around 1.7%.

Ed Huntress

I thought that Sesame Street was a money maker and contributed to CPB,
not the other way around.

I haven't kept up with the funding wars for PBS, but the last time I looked,
Sesame Street's corporate sponsorship, etc., was being used to fund the many
worldwide projects of Sesame Workshop (which grew out of the Children's
Television Workshop, the producer of Sesame Street). The federal government
funding is basically a token arrangement, which serves both as a lightning
rod for anti-PBS activity and as a connecting link to the original
government support. The idea of public television is that it is of and for
the public, and government backing is a part of that relationship.

Full disclosu I worked for PBS's predecessor, NET, in 1969.

--
Ed Huntress

Have you seen the Sesame Street rec park
in Eastern PA?

Dan