Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default reparing battery pack

"Stephany Alexander"
Phil Allison wrote:
"LSMFT"
When I rebuild my drill battery pack with new C nicads do I have to stay
in the same mAh rating. The originals are 1300mAh, I can replace them
with
2300mAh cells with tabs. Or even 4000mAh ones. Will more mAh hurt the
drill?

** Nope.

But it will take proportionally longer to charge as the mAh rating goes
up.

BTW:

Who makes 4000mAh Ni-Cds in C size ??

Just because you don't know who makes them doesn't mean they don't exist.

** Giant HUH ????????

I already found that Sanyo make 3600mAh Ni-Cd cells in C size.

Fast charge types too - very cool cells.

...... Phil