Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'cooling off period'

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
Gill Smith wrote:
is there one?

signed up for some Everest double-glazing on thursday (3rd. March)

paid my deposit

but, thinking about it, I really don't want the two small upstairs windows
done

can I cancel, and get them to do just the two big downstairs windows?

Cancel the whole lot ad get some professionals in instead. Will save you
a fortune.

Yes, 10 years ago, IIRC they were 3 times the price of local
professional installers when I was getting quotes. It was
useful to listen to the sales patter, because I could then
ask the others about Everest's "unique features", which it
turned out all double glazing had.

Mind you, they never stop posting you mailshots afterwards...

That's free kindling for life, anyway ;-)