Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default 'cooling off period'

Andy Wade wrote:

On 06/03/2011 12:58, Gill Smith wrote:
is there one?

Yes, 7 days:

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/kno...ights-landing/

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/aft...plaint/templat
e-letters/consumer_protection_regs/

Yes, applies to anyone who sells you something in your home.
I got the full run-down of this during my electrical assessment - to be
a member of the Governing bodies, you must abide by the Law, and that
means the customer can ring up 6 days and 23 hours later, and cancel the
Contract.
Even if you have paid a deposit, they must refund you.

However, if there are non-standard/custom made parts ordered, does it
apply then? I would presume that windows are non-standard/custom, so
may not be applicable. I don't know about that.
Alan.